Our client is currently looking for a Home-Based Care Coordinator who will hold overall responsibility for maintaining a pool of active caregivers.
Our client provides high-quality services to promote healing from trauma and loss and to enable hopeful futures. They are currently looking for a Home-Based Care Coordinator who will hold overall responsibility for maintaining a pool of active caregivers and oversee the specific day to day operational and administrative requirements of the Home-Based Care Program, along with managing a small caseload.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications such as Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent as well as significant work experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in Home Based Care, child protection, child welfare practice or a related field.
- Sound understanding of theories such as trauma and attachment theory and how to deliver the program using these principles.
- Proven Leadership skills and demonstrated ability in the supervision of staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with others and exercise influence in a diversity of contexts.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership to the Home-Based Care team in conjunction with another Coordinator
- Manage placement referrals to the Home-Based Care Program and case allocation to case managers.
- Monitoring and supervising each Case Manager’s workload and case practice through professional supervision and consultation in line with the MacKillop Supervision Procedure and Practice and on an as-required basis.
- Ensuring that all cases are registered, and case notes are recorded onto Family Journey, as well as onto the CRISSP and CRIS systems.
- Liaising with the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) in relation to case-related matters i.e., placement referrals, contracting of case management for program clients, case reviews and professionals’ meetings.
- Attending professional supervision in line with the Company’s Supervision Procedure Practice as well as, seek consultation and escalate urgent matters to the Area Manager in a timely way
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please APPLY NOW by uploading your current CV. If you would like more information about this role or any of the other roles listed on www.klcrecruitment.com.au, please call (03) 9857 6756.