Our is currently looking for a Youth Residential Care Worker who provides high-quality care and support within a 24-hour residential setting to children and young people who can no longer live with their families.
Skills and Abilities:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (completed or undertaking); or other relevant recognised qualification
- Experience in the residential and community services field and in the provision of care and support to children in 'out of home care is desirable
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people who have experienced past trauma and abuse which may manifest in behavioural difficulties is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of out of home care sector including relevant legislation and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of child development and the impact of abuse and neglect
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed practice and trauma recovery principles
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain, build upon and promote a positive and collaborative workplace
- Identify opportunities to integrate and work collaboratively across teams.
- Promote positive safety culture by contributing to health and safety consultation and communication
- Maintain a high standard of supportive and therapeutic care to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of the young people, ensuring their safety and wellbeing
- Be an effective and appropriate role model for young people in areas such as developing and maintaining relationships, conflict resolution, goal setting and completing tasks
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with young people
Click APPLY! Visit klcrecruitment.com.au or call (03) 9857 6756 for more information.